Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 App issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shade the Wolf

Shade the Wolf

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:25 PM

Last night, I started having this issue in every single Windows 10 app where the app would register the down arrow key being pressed in scrollable areas and would keep cycling down. Restarting didn't fix it and unplugging the keyboard didn't fix it either. Like it would keep scrolling even after I unplugged the keyboard.

I ran a virus scan and a malware scan and both came up negative. This is pretty disruptive because I can't access my mail or use Skype for Windows 10 (I had to reinstall the desktop app). Luckily this issue doesn't seem to happen with the Settings app, but it occurs with every app I've tried so far (Store, Skype for Windows 10, Alarms and Clock, Mail). Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

If you are facing Windows 10 App issue, you can run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter in Windows 10. This will allow you to detect the cause and try to fix it automatically.

• Right-click at Start button > Control Panel (View by Large icons) > click Troubleshooting.
  • Click View all from the left side listed options.
  • Find Windows Update and click it in order to run the corresponding troubleshooter.
  • click Next to let the troubleshooter identify problems.

Learn more reset Windows Store here

#3 Shade the Wolf

Shade the Wolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

Said that the cache might be corrupt and it wasn't fixed, but resetting it seemed to have fixed the autoscrolling issue anyway. So that's good at least. Thanks for the help, Lvlpost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users