Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Trouble With Windows 10 Photo Editing Software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff52

Jeff52

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

I purchased a new desktop computer last March, which has the Windows 10 operating system installed  When I first started to use the editing software on the computer, everything worked great, however, I have had some trouble with an issue of "black blocks" showing-up on photos recently uploaded from my digital camera.  The following scenario is what happens; I will take a few photos and upload them from my camera to the computer, but when trying to edit the photos, a strange arrangement of "black blocks" will appear on the photos.  I have even tried taking new photos of the same items and the blocks will appear again.  What is also strange, is that sometimes the photos look okay in the "Pictures" folder, but when I try to edit them with the Windows 10 editing software, the black blocks will show-up again.  I have talked to a salesperson where I purchased my computer and he said that it is likely a software issue and there isn't anything wrong with the computer hardware.  If anyone has any feedback on this, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

*Below is an example of a photo with the "black blocks."

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

Your best bet would be to try out alternative photo editing software to see if the same issues recur (which I doubt).

You don't say what you're using, and I personally hate the Photos app with a burning passion, but Paint is still built-in to Windows 10 and you can download things like Faststone Image Viewer (that is also an editor), Irfanview, GIMP, or others.

If any one of those others, or several of those others, don't have the same issue then it is almost certainly a software issue.

You could also try:  

If that doesn't fix the problem then I'd look up how to uninstall and reinstall the Windows 10 App that keeps doing this if you are bound and determined that this is the software you wish to use going forward.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

Spam - Redacted

Brian posted some of the free applications that work well for image editing.  There are so many of these out there I don't see any reason to purchase an application.

Edited by britechguy, 04 July 2017 - 09:28 AM.
To remove quotation of Spam post

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users