Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Go Out Tommorrow And Get An American Flag..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

Go out tommorrow and get an American Flag..

On Monday, September 11th, 2006, an American flag should be displayed
outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States.
Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on
this fift h anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this in
honor
of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved
ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at
home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in
American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood
shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but
disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it
shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American
flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over
terrorism of all kinds.

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know.
Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let
those sentiments guide
you.

( 2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans
should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a
priority on this day.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:20 PM

boopme,

Timely heartfelt post. I for one thank you. As an addition to this excellent post. To those of you who may not know or be aware of, Sept. 11th is officially known as Patriot Day.

Congress has authorized and requested the President to designate September 11 of each year as "Patriot Day."

See this link for complete transcript.

Be (Never Forget) Safe :thumbsup:

Da Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

I will never forget the feeling of seeing those towers burning.
I will never forget the sight of the collapse of the 1st tower and how I screamed at the television to get EVERYONE out of the second tower before it fell.
I will never forget the immediate shock of losing those innocent people, and my brothers in FDNY.
I will never forget the US flag being raised above the rubble, and the US flag being hung from the Pentagon.
I will never forget the silence of no air traffic.
I will never forget the church service I attended the next day - the sadness, the loss, the anger.

I will never forget those who hurt us that day.

I will be vigilant, doing my part in emergency services, preparing for the worst, backing my brothers protecting us in the military.

I will never forget September 11, 2001.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

I have a flag on my room wall I painted myself and put stars for a border around my wall. I have a flag on the building facing the road where we park our atv all the time. Our flag is always up.

I still remember the day it happened. People jumping out and you hearing them on tv hitting the ground. Seeing them jump because of the fire. It being on almost every channel on all of tv(regular tv we dont have cable)

So very sad.

#5 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:18 AM

I still remember the day very clearly. I was on day off from work, still laying in bed from a long night out, with the tv on watching some BBC documentary when a news report interrupted the programme.

It was live pictures just after the first plane had impacted. They were reporting it was a possible engine issue or something had happened to the pilot, nothing was very clear. Then a minute later, watching LIVE, i saw the second plane crash, it then all became clear to everyone what was going on.

It was a day that i cant explain. Over here in England, everything stopped for a while. I will never forget watching that plane crash live on tv. I watched people die as it happened and will always stay in my mind, just like the bombings of my country men in London.

On September 11, we will all stand tall for those we will remember and to stand against the scum that thinks that killing innocent men,women and children is justified in there cause.

They will never win, our memory of those taken will not allow it.

Posted Image

Edited by graveangel, 10 September 2006 - 08:24 AM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:24 PM

There is an article in USA Today I believe about 6 babies born on 9-11-01. They are doing a follow up story about them turning 5 years old...

#7 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:10 PM

It was a spineless and cowardly attack by a group of sociopathic terrorist
they are no more a true representative of Muslims than the nazis were
representative of Christianity.
God Bless all the Nations who lost people on that day.
Posted Image

Edited by no one, 10 September 2006 - 11:12 PM.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users