Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook business page various buttons not working and overall page broken

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chris23tree

chris23tree

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hello there,

I have a very difficult problem that I have been trying to solve for a very long time, but have had no luck thus far. I have considerable experience with computers and more or less know what I am doing most of the time.

Anyway, onto the issue – please bear with me as this will take a moment to explain.

Many years ago I created a Page for my small business on Facebook. This was done before Facebook required you to make a personal account to make a page.

As in I did not have a personal profile – just a page for my small business

All of a sudden my page a encountered a string of issues. I have done nothing to cause this. Yes I know everyone says this when they have in fact done something, but I have not done anything.

The issues:

I cannot access my messages on the page, they just load a page but with the message area white.

Under the settings – all the edit buttons do not work, almost like a light switch that has had the cable cut, the switch still can be touched but does nothing.

The post button does not work.

Really I can do very little. I have tried adding my father as an admin for the page as he has a personal account but attempting to do this does nothing. I have been browsing the net for weeks now and trying as many solutions as possible but nothing works.

I have come to the conclusion that this is most likely a glitch due to my page being made before you needed a personal profile.

As such I am going to make a new page and account, but before I start, I would really like my old page taken down and the email associated with it changed as it is my business email that I wish to use upon my new page but since it is already in use Facebook will not allow this.

Really I want any help with the above, I am at my wits end to be honest and suffering with many mental health issues this is all a bit too much for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read the above and thank you for any help.

-Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users