Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Video Input

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teamsundin

teamsundin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion 9515f...a few days ago it just randomly shut off and since I've tried to boot it back up I get no video signal whatsoever. I've tried ever possibility - both VGAs, SVGA, HDMI, no input works whatsoever. My internal fan starts spinning only to stop after about five seconds. I've often gotten fan warnings/issues at boot up but I would hit ignore and it would work fine. 

I changed the power supply unit today and I still have the exact same issue. An additional concern I have now though is there is a burning smell from the motherboard...I thought it was the internal fan so I took it out but I still notice that smell.

I assume this computer is about dead (this computer is probably over 7-8 years old) but thought I would get some ideas as to what might be happening here and if there is any way to salvage this?

I should note upon bootup there are no beeps or sounds to indicate problems. When I got errors with the fan in the past I would hear beeping, this time I get nothing. The large fan continues to spin though. I don't check how long it stays on for but the system does not shut off immediately.

Edited by teamsundin, 08 June 2017 - 08:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:09 PM

I've often gotten fan warnings/issues at boot up but I would hit ignore and it would work fine.

Off the top and without having the unit here in front of me, I would guess your mainboard failed. If you were getting some kind of system warning about your fan, that is when you should have examined it. Sounds like possibly the circulation fan failed, the unit overheated and the mainboard blew. That would explain the hot-plastic smell you detect. That would also explain why the fan shuts down a few seconds after restart.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users