Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Charging LED on laptop stuck on Orange even though suppoused to be Green

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ste2ph

Ste2ph

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

Hey guys,

So I have an ASUS X551ca laptop and I had a problem with the battery charging. When plugged in the charging status indicator would stay a solid orange meaning that its charging but it would never turn green meaning its fully charged. Even in Windows 10 the battery level would stay at 0% so I suspected it was the internal battery pack and replaced the said battery pack.

Now since Ive replaced the battery and plugged it in I'm going on 3 1/2 of charging without turning it on so the battery can condition itself but still im getting the same solid orange light. Is it just me thinking this is unusual or should I just be little more patient and wait a few more hours to see what happens? Going on 4 hours seems little long to me. What do you guys think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

Did you replace it with a brand new battery, or one that has been used?

You can check the condition of your battery using the freeware (for personal use) tool BatteryMon from Passmark.

https://www.passmark.com/products/batmon.htm

Edited by jwoods301, 08 June 2017 - 05:57 PM.

#3 Ste2ph

Ste2ph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

I replaced the old battery with a new 3rd party one.
Ill definitely use that software to check the new battery when the light turns green.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users