Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Defender was turned off permanently by a virus, worm or Trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 sini_s22

sini_s22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

I have a virus on my computer that does not allow me to switch back on Windows Defender and access a few other programs that are essential for me (e.g Microsoft Edge). The first image attached is the message that I get when I open Sticky keys. The picture is the file that caused the virus to occur. The third picture is what comes up when I open up Windows Defender. My account is a local account and I am the administrator of that account. How can I get rid of this virus? 

Attached Files

Edited by sini_s22, 08 June 2017 - 02:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slurppa

Slurppa

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

Hi sini_s22
Welcome to the Bleeping Computer! :)

My name is Slurppa and I am here to assist you. If you have any question please don't be afraid to ask! :)

Please familiarize yourself with the following guidelines:
  • Complete all the steps in their given order.
  • Update me about the current state of your computer.
  • If you have any problems or questions please let me know. If your are unsure how to continue please let me know.
  • Do not run any other fixes/programs that I have not instructed.
  • Copy and paste all logs into your post directly unless otherwise instructed. Don't attach logs.
  • Lack of symptoms does not mean the computer is clean. Please stick with me until I give you green light.
:step1:
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

#3 Slurppa

Slurppa

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Hi sini_s22

Are you still with me?

#4 sini_s22

sini_s22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

Hi thanks for all the help. I have solved the problem  :bounce:

#5 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 4,100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

~Machiavelli

If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

• Every topic with no replies within 5 days will be closed.
  • If you like my help here please give me feedback.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users