Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse keeps jumping to top right corner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smurfing66

smurfing66

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:25 AM

Hi,

Apologies, if this has already been covered. I can't do a search because I can't get the mouse into the Search Forums box.

This morning my mouse cursor has suddenly started jumping continually to the top right hand corner of my screen. This means I keep closing down Word documents, Outlook, Chrome etc without intending to.

I've uninstalled the mouse in Device Manager and installed it again. I've disabled the Snap To feature and the Touchpad, as it was suggested that this might be the problem, but nothing works.

I wasn't sure whether this could be a virus or malware and should have posted in there, so any advice would be helpful?

I'm on a Microsoft Surface 3, undocked but with attached keyboard and I'm using an external mouse. Operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfing66

smurfing66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

As an update, I've tried a different mouse and it's also flipping to the top left depending on where the cursor is on the screen to begin with

Edited by smurfing66, 08 June 2017 - 12:11 PM.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

Do you have one of the Surface Type covers? I believe they have a trackpad. If you do, does the same thing happen when trying to use the trackpad?

#4 smurfing66

smurfing66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for coming back to me. Sorry for the delay, I've been away. Oddly, I've discovered that it doesn't do it when I'm running on battery and the power supply isn't plugged in. Very peculiar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users