Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java wont install Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Noob123456789

Noob123456789

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:09 AM

Hey,

I need help.

I am trying to install Java just from the regular download page. I starts downloading and I open it and click install. I says downloading installer and shows a line that get more and more greener. Just like this: https://gyazo.com/19bde42b91553d2bea370c9c6e513fbf When it is done the window just hides and nothing happens? When I search for Java on my computer it dont come up.

Sorry for my bad english.

I appreciate all help.

Thank you 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

Your English is fine. :)

Are you using the online installer? If so then use the offline installer.

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

If you use 32-bit and 64-bit browsers interchangeably, you will need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit Java in order to have the Java plug-in for both browsers

#3 Noob123456789

Noob123456789
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

Your English is fine. :)

Are you using the online installer? If so then use the offline installer.

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

If you use 32-bit and 64-bit browsers interchangeably, you will need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit Java in order to have the Java plug-in for both browsers

thank you so much! It worked!! 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

Your Welcome, glad it worked for your and thanks for the update.

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,061 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

Less problematic than just described in post #1, Windows 10 informed me that a Java update is available, so I clicked the icon-message, and a window came up; I clicked to start the install or whatever, and it dispappeared and nothing happened; no update or anything.  I then clicked the icon- message again, the window came up offering to install updated Java, and everything ran fine.    I ASSUME this was all for the online installer.  

Maybe some care in observation and some patience would help.  Either way, in the past, I did often update Java (a different machine, on Windows Vista) and always chose to use the downloaded OFF-LINE installer.  The process or method seemed more orderly:  Uninstall currently installed Java; Restart computer; Run downloaded off-line installer for the updated Java; Restart computer; Done.

#6 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:59 PM

Less problematic than just described in post #1, Windows 10 informed me that a Java update is available, so I clicked the icon-message, and a window came up; I clicked to start the install or whatever, and it dispappeared and nothing happened; no update or anything.  I then clicked the icon- message again, the window came up offering to install updated Java, and everything ran fine.    I ASSUME this was all for the online installer.  

Maybe some care in observation and some patience would help.  Either way, in the past, I did often update Java (a different machine, on Windows Vista) and always chose to use the downloaded OFF-LINE installer.  The process or method seemed more orderly:  Uninstall currently installed Java; Restart computer; Run downloaded off-line installer for the updated Java; Restart computer; Done.

Chrome hates Java, so if it's Chrome you are using, that's why.  Also make sure you don't have an ad-blocker or similar preventing java download and install.  Worst case scenario, find a "standalone" Java installer, and download it and "Run as" Administrator.

#7 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,061 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:27 AM

Chrome hates Java, so if it's Chrome you are using, that's why.  Also make sure you don't have an ad-blocker or similar preventing java download and install.  Worst case scenario, find a "standalone" Java installer, and download it and "Run as" Administrator.

Let me give more information than I wrote previously.

The computer just updated for Java, showed a Java Update icon on the right-hand side of the bottom tray.  The computer DOES have Google Chrome installed (and also ABP extension, too)  but the default browser is MS EDGE.  You might have revised remarks about the brief trouble I had found.  Still, the install of the java update worked, but the brief first failure was unusual based on several other occasions when updating java (jre).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users