Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Which of these four?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 acct_nael

acct_nael

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

Hi all,

So it's time for my company to do a laptop refresh for all its employees.

Now, for the very first time, they are giving us four options to choose from. These options are:

Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13
Dell Latitude 7270
Dell Latitude 7470

My question is obviously which of these should I be choosing from? Performance is the most important factor and then comes everything else. I would also like an easy to use device without being docked, hence I'm leaning towards the Latitude 7470.

I have attached a link to the specification provided since they kind of vary and here are my answers to the questions in the purchase template, but I have removed all the not applicable ones:

http://imgur.com/a/eHIEV

Laptop or Desktop? Laptop

My budget for the new computer is: No Budget, I have to pick one of these four

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? Mainly spreadsheets, emails, internet browsing, and SAP

What software do you intend on using on the computer? Mainly SAP, Internet Explorer, Excel, Outlook, etc

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? No Games

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? Multiple programs

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? Not really

Will you be overclocking? No

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices? N/A

How many monitors are you planning to use? 80% of the time, this will be attached to the docking station and will be using just one monitor. The rest of the time, it's going to be a portable laptop with its own internal screen

Do you need peripherals? OS? Windows 10

Any particular reason why you are upgrading? Refresh

One final thing is would I notice the difference between the 2.4GHz and the 2.8GHz?

Thank you in advance

Nael

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

One final thing is would I notice the difference between the 2.4GHz and the 2.8GHz?

No, not really.

Keep in mind that the Latitude 7470 and Latitude E7270 are older so if you want something more current the XPS 13 may be a better choice.

All of the prices are comparable however it does seem that dell is running a coupon code on the XPS on dells website so could save a few dollars, plus the screen on the XPS is amazing.

Edited by MadmanRB, 07 June 2017 - 07:40 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

I'd check to see what the difference in warranty is between the different machines.  Normally the business lines have a three year warranty.  For business machines warranty can be a big deal, you want next day, on site support, unless you have the money to have a few hot spares sitting around.

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

That is why the new model may be better.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users