Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help with connecting Android Pad to car's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ptfitzy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

Hello, I am a bit lost on the best way to connect my Android Pad to my car's Bluetooth.

In order to listen to Internet Radio for example "iHeart Radio", when driving I am unable to keep a continuous WiFi connection.

I was told that my Android would need a "Cellular Modem" in a Tablet. However, I am also hearing you don't.

iHeart shows an example of offline radio listening below.

Any help would be appreciated. Right now I am really confused.

Thanks, ptfitzy 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,542 posts
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

You must have an internet connection to stream media, be it audio or video.

Strictly speaking it does not matter whether the wireless (cellular, not WiFi)  internet connection is made by your device itself or via a cellular access point (which could be through your smartphone, a dedicated device, or in some cases the automobile itself if it is equipped with a cellular access point and you have service on same).

Your data connection for the streaming is the cellular connection.

Your connection to your car's audio system could be either via bluetooth (if such is a feature of your system) or via wire.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

You will have to use up your data minutes because you are not in a static point.  There are a few companies that have a public hotspot service that is city wide.  The cellphone companies cut down on people that used internet.  I used it in a hotel once when I went skiing.  Iheartradio may have a local channel that you can pick up with the FM tuner on your android.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users