Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

graphics file doesn't open

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kiwygef2

kiwygef2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

I use graphic editor CorelDRAW X5 and couple of days ago I worked with the file on work. Today I have opened the saved file and the application has refused to open it, app has given an error message: Error Opening Graphics file. Now I don't know what to do and how to recover corrupt file of corel draw x5.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

You could try looking to see if there are any other versions of this file on your system. Open Windows Explorer and browse to this file then RIGHT click on the filename. At the bottom of the pop-up menu that appears you will see 'Properties', click on this and a dialogue box appears. Click on the right hand tab and see if there are any other versions listed. If there are, see if you can open any of them.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 rutyhow

rutyhow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

There is an interesting method to get .cdr file back. You need to rename .cdr files to .zip extension. Then try to open it via WinRAR or WinZip and apply recovery feature. After all, of it unpack this file and open it in any version of CorelDraw.

In event of it wasn’t successful, apply https://recoverytoolbox.com/coreldraw.html it is powerful solution

Look at https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216435747-Backup-and-Recovery-in-CorelDRAW-X6

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

If the file won't open because of corruption...running the chkdsk /r command would be my logical choice of actions.  Both on the O/S partition...and whichever partition the data files are stored on.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users