Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HighLow Everybody!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Prints

Prints

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Hi there, I'm Jon!

I've been working with computers since I was a kid (around 10-11ish, I'm 30ish now). My first computer was a TRS-80 that my Dad found at a yard sale. I learned basic programming with that.. Not QBasic, I think the TRS-80 used Pascal - but yeah. Gotta love loading programs from a cassette deck. After that I moved to a Packard Bell 486sx/33 with 4MB RAM, 120mb hard drive and a 2400 baud modem. The rest is history! :D

So I usually do my own hardware/software repairs, but often times I like to get second opinions and I'm not afraid to ask for help with Windows Viruses or anything I'm not familiar with. Malware has gotten quite sophisticated through the years, and attackers are getting increasingly better at covering their tracks and getting what they want. I've lurked in the shadows for a while, reading threads and such here at the bleepingcomputer forums. I also come here to find software tools and subsequent reviews. Just a really helpful site, I'm happy to introduce myself to the community!

I'm also a musician. I've been playing instruments and singing for slightly longer than I've been involved with computers. Music is my life, and I wouldn't be here without it.

So hello to everyone :) Glad to be here!

J

deadlightbulb.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

Finally, welcome to BC !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic