Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

live stream delay

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 marciaferrell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

I need live streams to be absolutely current, because I am providing captions in realtime for the deaf and hard of hearing. 

As I watch there are small hesitations, and eventually the stream I am captioning is 10, 20 seconds delayed.  This means that viewers see the captions long after the speaker that was being captioned.

So I hit F5 refresh to get caught up, but instead of getting started anew, the player retrieves the buffer and repeats the playback.  I end up rewatching a portion of the live feed a second time, making me even farther behind than I was before.  Eventually the lag is too great and the stream buffers, sometimes at a very inopportune time.

I have tried ctrl-F5 to try to cleanse the buffer, but it does the same thing.  I wonder if there is some key, some add-on, some application, that will completely wipe out the live stream buffer so I can start fresh, completely contemporaneous, even if it means skipping part of the video.  Short of digging down through several layers of menus, because it has to be done very quickly.  I would like to do it periodically during pauses in the presentation so I am always kept caught up, so the player doesn't skip ahead and miss content at unexpected times.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users