Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GTX 760 Running very slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wiljam

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:18 PM

This is my first post and I hope I can get some great help, thanks!

So I've had the 760 in my system for a while, and no problems. But the other day I started up a game and noticed that the frame-rate was awful. The game's optimization was awful so I tried out some other games and the same thing was going on.

I've checked just about everything I know. I've never overclocked the card. I reinstalled drivers several times and even did a fresh install of windows. I monitored the card and at 100% load it doesn't go much above 39c with the fans at around 50%. The clock speed doesn't budge from 324Mhz with 182Mhz memory clock. The power supply is 750w or above (I can check if need be). I don't have a power supply tester, so I tested the 6pin power connector with a voltmeter and they're reading 12v (If this isn't the proper way and there's another way to check please let me know).

So I'm thinking that my card might be going bad, but I haven't seen any artifacts and have no issues with visual bugs or crashes. It runs fine, it just runs a lot slower than it should. Or it could just be something simple that I'm missing and that's what I'm hoping.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

First: Welcome to BC.

Please check game and monitor resolutions to ensure they are compatible. Disable V-Sync via .info files.

Try a different monitor....

Update (after uninstalling) all GPU and Sound drivers. Update Direct X and C,C+, C++ etc. installed on the machine.

Uninstall audio drivers when uninstalling video drivers. Install video drivers first (if no updates from website are updated chip-set; as these would be my first installed).

What is this GTX 760 running in and under what operating system?

Edited by bludgard, 06 June 2017 - 03:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users