Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Beeps/lags

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dpb510

dpb510

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:03 PM

Hey!
After playing Farcry for a few mins, my pc will begin beeping, with a short lag. The beep/lag seems to only happen while the charecter is moving. And this problem doesn't occur, at any other time!
My pc runs great otherwise, and has passed all the malwar tests that are suggested here at Bleeping Computers.
This pc has 1gb memory.
Any ideas? Thanks ......dpb.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:44 PM

Overheating? Run the game in windowed mode, and observe your CPU temps with something like "Everest".
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 dpb510

dpb510
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:53 PM

protozero, thanks for the reply! Do you know of any other programs, other than Everest? It's no longer free, they now want $30!

Thanks....dpb......

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

http://www.majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Free_Edition_d4181.html

Everest is still, so it says, a free download from Majorgeeks. Also listed in the BC freebies is CoolMon that might provide temperature information:
http://www.coolmon.org/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 dpb510

dpb510
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I ran CoolMon while playing Far Cry. It shows that the game was using 100% of the cpu, and about 78% of the ram. Ok......but any ideas about the next step I should take?
This pc is fairly new. I built it last Jan-06.

specs...AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Asus A8N-E with nVidia nForce Ultra, AMD Hammer
1gb PC 3200 DDR SDRAM
Radeon X850 XT 250 mb
Bios Award (4-7-06)

...........dpb...........

#6 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:12 AM

Not the CPU usage, the actually temperture of the CPU and video card. Alto of PC's beep when they overheat, and if your CPU's at 100%, it'll easily go up. The beeps could be a warning for you that the temperture's dangerously high.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users