Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet consistently slows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 painterh52

painterh52

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hi all;  I have been struggling with this issue for months now.  When I get on the net to check my email or any other reason, my internet is not very fast any more, however, after maybe 5 to 10  minutes its gets slower and slower, to the point  that I spend more time waiting for sites to load than anything else.  I don't know where to begin except to give my comp specs.  To start with I have Spectrum internet with a(Cisco DPC3216 modem,and a Netgear wireless router) this PC used to be speedy enough considering its age (9.5 years).  My Specs are as follows;

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard
4 gigs of PC400 DDR (2 matched pairs Corsair TwinX XMS 1024 mb's per stick
PNY Nvidia Geforce GT 620 w/1024 mb's ram
2 Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 160 GB hard drives
Antec NEO-ECO 520 power supply
Windows 7 64 PRO x64

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.   If I can provide any further details just ask.  Thanks in advance.
Harlund Hageman

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2017 - 06:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Is it the computer or is it your internet connection ?  One way to find out is to run 'Speedtest'. Do this twice.

As soon as you have started the computer, open your browser and type 'speedtest.net' into the address bar, once it has loaded all you have to do is click on the 'Start test' button. This will give you values for ping, download and upload rates. Then, after a few minutes or whenever your internet has slowed down noticeably, run the test again and see if there is a significant difference in the values you get. If there is then you have a problem with your connection, if there isn't you have a problem with your computer !

Post back.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users