Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have two sets of 2x 4gb with different voltages, help.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ricardeaux

Ricardeaux

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

Hello, I'm wondering if you could help me with this before I burn my computer biggrin.gif 

Currently I have 2x 4gb memory and wanted to know if I can put another 2x 4gb memory but with a slightly different voltage, one pair is 1.5V and the other is 1.65V, both sets are hyperX but not the exact same as you can see.

here are some pics of the memories stickers with the info + my mainboard if you need them

http://i.imgur.com/3Q9pXUB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/teZNpZZ.jpg

I want to know if this can work and help me to get 16gb or I need to do something first and if its dangerous for any of my other components(or if its worth the risk in any case).

Let me know if you need some aditional information to help me out!

thanks in advanced and sorry for any typos english is not my mother tongue.

Edited by Ricardeaux, 05 June 2017 - 12:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

No, I would not do this.

Mixing different RAM, especially with different voltages can cause big problems and lots of BSODs.

Try to always use the same type of RAM. I would suggest buying a RAM kit if you are trying to reach 16gb.

#3 Ricardeaux

Ricardeaux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

No, I would not do this.

Mixing different RAM, especially with different voltages can cause big problems and lots of BSODs.

Try to always use the same type of RAM. I would suggest buying a RAM kit if you are trying to reach 16gb.

ty for your answer, btw got this opinion on a different forum, what do you think?

http://prntscr.com/fg801r

thanks again

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Intel specifies max voltage 1.5V anyway. You may use both but set voltage manually to 1.5V.

#5 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

Hi,

The dimms match on this timings DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9 @1.5V that is also supported by the motherboard so they should work.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users