Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advices and tips for my first build: AMD Ryzen 5

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jerry222

jerry222

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

Hi everybody, how's it going?

i've created my first build and i'd like to share with you and maybe if you can give me some advice about it, please

cpu  AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core
air cooler  be quiet! - Pure Rock 120mm fan (i've contacted the company, they said it's got am4 out of the box compability)
motherboard  Gigabyte - GA-AB350-Gaming ATX AM4 
memory  Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200
storage  Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
video card  Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Turbo
case  Zalman - Z1 Neo ATX Mid Tower
power supply  Corsair - VS 650W ATX (i've used the wattage calculator, the total of all is 515W so i needed 550 PSU but for €3 more i can get 650W PSU)

i will also buy an UPS to prevent damage if there is a power cut or black out

this is the link to compare GA AB 350 gaming ( €15 cheaper, where i live) vs GA AB 350 gaming 3 http://www.gigabyte.com/Comparison/Result/2?pids=6166,6225 can you tell me if im right by saying that the only differences are the rgb stuff and it has one more pci-e 16x slot (running at x1)

everything should be compatible with the other components, if you notice any big mistakes please tell me

thanks
regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

power supply  Corsair - VS 650W ATX (i've used the wattage calculator, the total of all is 515W so i needed 550 PSU but for €3 more i can get 650W PSU)

Yeah right. 212W is much closer to system power consumption than 515W. Corsair VS is not high quality, where you want to buy?

Cannot see SSD there. I'd also take Radeon RX 580 instead GTX1060. If RX580 is available of course.

this is the link to compare GA AB 350 gaming ( €15 cheaper, where i live) vs GA AB 350 gaming 3 http://www.gigabyte.com/Comparison/Result/2?pids=6166,6225 can you tell me if im right by saying that the only differences are the rgb stuff and it has one more pci-e 16x slot (running at x1)

everything should be compatible with the other components, if you notice any big mistakes please tell me

thanks
regards

Gaming 3 has much better sound card. That's main difference.

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

Well for SSD's I cannot say if investing in one right now is a good idea if on a budget, sure it is faster and better performances but SSD prices have gone up and it makes getting one questionable again until prices drop once more.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users