Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Taskbar icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff720

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:47 PM

After a Windows update, my taskbar icons disappeared....have tried a few apps found

online to get them back, but so far, no luck. Anyone had the same prob ? and  how did

you fix it ? My desktop had this prob but now its gone. Just the laptop.    Cheers, Jeff720

Edited by Jeff720, 04 June 2017 - 11:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,077 posts
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

Do you have icons for these missing apps on your desktop ?  If you do, RIGHT click on the desktop icon and click 'Pin to taskbar'.

If you don't have desktop icons then you are going to have to use Windows Explorer to find the .EXE files for these applications. You will find these under the relevant application in either 'Program files' or 'Program files(x86)'. RIGHT click on the exe file and select 'Pin to taskbar' from the pop-up menu. This should put the icons back on your taskbar.

Another way would be to do a system restore to before the Windows update but you would then find yourself re-installing the update, but second time might work better.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 hamluis

• 55,025 posts
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:23 AM

Spam post and response to post by spammer removed by me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users