Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite P100 (startup?) Issue Inquiry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mechanimal

Mechanimal

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

Hey, I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite P100 notebook. It had been functioning perfect for the first 4 days. I went on the other day and attempted to startup some programs, and they claimed some .dll files were missing. So I reinstalled the software and it worked fine. I shut down my computer last night. This morning when I woke up, I booted up, and it went into a boot menu, asking to return it to last working state, so I did that. Right when XP was loading up (loading screen progress bar thing), it went into a black screen and the computer stopped processing anything. So I restarted to boot up in safe mode or anything that would work so I could troubleshoot this. I eventually gave up on that, just to install XP Pro (since it had home on it, and I need Pro for school anyways), and it now boots up in XP fine. But now the only problem is I can't go online. It won't even give me the default IP or attempt to repair or anything. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but based on my findings I don't know what the exact problem is. Thanks to anyone that has the time to respond and help me out. Also, if there's any more information I can give you to help solve, just ask. Thanks again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

How are you trying to connect to the internet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users