Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Complicated Mousepad Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HAximand

HAximand

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

Hey, I recently got a new Dell Inspiron laptop (a month ago) and I'm starting to have really bad problems with the mousepad. It doesn't just turn off, and I haven't found my issue anywhere else.

Basically, every time I try to tap to click, the mousepad thinks I'm clicking and holding, even when I let go. The actual left and right click buttons still work, and so do the two-finger scroll and two-finger-tap (for right click) functions, it's only the single tap that's buggy. I've had this problem a few times and tried everything I could find, including modifying all my mousepad settings in the Control Panel and updating the drivers and checking the hardware settings, but none of it works. The only thing that has worked so far is completely rebooting the computer, but I'm getting a bit sick of doing that only for this to come back.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

Have you tried previous version of the driver maybe new version is buggy.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users