Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am normrf, and need help to get my HP laptop running...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 normrf

normrf

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

I purchased a HP ze2120ca Laptop running Windows XP Home Edition new from Staple back in 2005 and it always had been running pretty good other that it started to run a little slow so it searched online for a way to speed it up some and i came across this program that would do it (so it said) it is called..

​Getintopc.com_Dell_Windows_XP_Home_Edition.daa and what it did when I downloaded it and ran it in my PC it appeared to wipe my Laptop clean including my WIFI on my PC which wont even light up... All I can bring up is my BIOS and that is all.... Now for more bad luck, I some how lost all my CD Disks that came with it. I do have the KEY NUMBER that is on the under side of the Laptop... I would sure appreciate any assistance that will help me get it back up and running...  

I know I can take it to a Computer company here in my city to have it repaired, but being a retired Senior with no work pension, it is what I am trying to avoid.

If some one wants to contact me by email, that is fine.. I can be reached at.....Thank you

[e-mail address redacted] britechguy

See Forum Rule:  All help must be provided in the forums or on our IRC Chat channel. We do not allow support to be provided or requested via personal message, email, or remote desktop control programs (Logmein, TeamViewer, etc).

Edited by hamluis, 04 June 2017 - 05:02 PM.
Redacted e-mail address - britechguy. Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:01 PM

Worth A Read.

Topic moved to Am I Infected.

Louis

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

I suggest you try using a FREE LIVE Linux OS. You can use it without installing to see if it is compatible with you and your computer's hardware.

It will run from your CD-ROM and memory....does not need the hard drive or use it.

For more info on which Linux OS is best for you and your hardware start a new topic in BC's Linux Forum....

If that proves successful then you can install it using the same DVD you used as a Live DVD or CD.

No more hassle with security programs and using a Windows XP OS that is a big risk.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

From what I can think of it, you used a dell ISO to restore your HP laptop.  Just download HP drivers from their site.

#5 normrf

normrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

I would love to be able to download drivers from HP, but I don't even have a search bar or cant get WIFI to my HP laptop, so I am still stumped on what to do... do you have any other ideas that may help me?

#6 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,979 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

+1 on installing Linux; which ordinarily includes all the drivers you need, on the Linux DVD. That would seem to be by far the easiest, and most secure option in this instance.

#7 normrf

normrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

is there a special place for me to download it, I have to use this computer as my hp laptop has no search bar or anything else except BIOS that I can get

#8 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,979 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

There are several different websites for different Linux operating systems.

In the first instance, I suggest starting a new topic in the Linux forum so that members can advise which Linux operating systems might be most suitable for you and your hardware.

Edited by Al1000, 05 June 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#9 normrf

normrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for your information Global.. I have decided and just ordered a CD Linux Mint  from the Company and info that you previously sent me.

Again, Thank you

#10 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,979 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

You're more than welcome.

I hope the DVD is suitable for your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users