Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fast PC suddenly went slow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 araragi

araragi

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

It's a simple and common problem, really.

I've asked many times and done my research but people always say the same thing: malware, virus, update driver, compatibility mode, etc. (When do those actually work?)

When the fast PC went slow, I have formatted my SSD and then reinstalled Windows 10. It is still slow.

Please at least help me identify what is the source of the problem here.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/kxAwn6T1LMjYVSMHU8hJt0L

p.s. I had this problem since 1 year ago, so I don't remember if I had installed anything before it went slow.

So the computer lags when I click on a link, I have to wait for it to load before being able to scroll down.

When skipping to different time frames on youtube videos, the browser ends up freezing.

So what does this sound like? I'm pretty sure we are computer geeks, and I'd be severely disappointed if we don't have a hint of what component is causing the problem.

[Topic Locked:  Duplicate of existing thread regarding this machine on Windows 10 Forum:  $1500 PC, why is it lagging?] - britechguy

Edited by britechguy, 04 June 2017 - 04:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:21 PM

So the computer lags when I click on a link, I have to wait for it to load before being able to scroll down.
When skipping to different time frames on youtube videos, the browser ends up freezing.

What is your Internet connection speed/bandwidth? Are there other devices connected to your Internet connection and actively being used when you have these issues? Have you tested your "speed" with a site like Speedtest.net? Has your Internet connection changed in the last year or so (i.e. since the problem started) including adding devices to the connection?

From your decription, my first blush guess would be something related to your Internet connection. The first link in the above quote strongly points this way. The second line can point this way as well, but can also suggest just something with the computer itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users