Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer hangs after too much online use?? (or maybe there's a different reason)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tribow

Tribow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

This is a problem I'm not even too sure if I found the cause yet, I'm not even sure if this is a windows problem or a hardware one.
Regardless, my laptop tends to freeze after using certain applications that involve connecting to the internet for too long.

If I play a game like Rocket League, at first there's nothing odd happening with my laptop at all. It runs perfectly fine, but at seemingly random times I am suddenly unable to connect to the internet and then seconds later the screen freezes (the shortest time it took to freeze suddenly was 30min and the longest was 3 hours). After I restart the laptop it works perfectly fine again.

The same thing will happen when I run a server for a bot that plays music, or other games that have me constantly connected to their servers.
However, simply being connected to some server doesn't seem to be the reason my laptop will freeze since there are certain games that will never make it freeze like osu! or Curve Fever (If you know about those).

I can't remember when it first started happening, so I don't know if it was something I did that caused this. As far as I know, I don't have a virus. It doesn't seem to be related to overheating or too much CPU usage either since I pushed my laptop close to its limits with a 3D animation program and it didn't freeze at all. I updated the BIOS, but the problem still persisted.

I do know for sure that running the bot server or playing Rocket League (or another game called Distance) will eventually make the laptop freeze, guaranteed.
I'm really not sure what's happening, but that's all I know.

EDIT: I just tried to join the voice chat on Discord and the instant I clicked to join the laptop froze

Edited by Tribow, 04 June 2017 - 07:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:26 AM

I would suggest posting over in the Networking forums for some more expert assistance with this issue:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users