Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I may be infected but not sure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ck225

ck225

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

After spending a day trying to figure out if I have a rootkit or not, with no luck with antivirus program, i decided to just reformat my laptop by using the windows usb tool. With the usb tool i deleted all my partition drives before hand and it automatically combined into one. After the new windows 10 was installled i went through my computer files to see if there was anythings suspicious and one of the things I saw was a file called verisign.bmp in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Services. Most of the people on google was telling me that this is a virus, but I'm not 100% sure because some websites were telling me that this files comes with pcs with W7,8,10 so im not sure.

I also saw a suspicious folder called panther in C:\Windows, but im not sure too. Help please 

antivirus program:malwarebytes hasn't been able to find anything

Also, I was ddossed on my laptop a few days ago because I went to a website linked from reddit, that is the main reason why I am trying to figure out if something is wrong with my  laptop The "person" did send me my public ip address, but idk what else can do or did with it other than keeping me offline for around 6 minutes

Edited by ck225, 04 June 2017 - 10:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ck225

ck225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

just ran malwarebytes twice (today) with the rootkit and archive options checked on for scanning, the first scan took about 1.5 hours and the second scan took only 5 minutes to finish, is this weird?

Edited by ck225, 04 June 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#3 ck225

ck225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

third scan is going past an hour now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users