Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaneClark

DaneClark

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:57 AM

I don't know that much about computers. What I do know is that I have a Toshiba laptop that has whatever version of windows was the most recent as of 2014. It keeps doing this thing where it gets stuck on a black screen after I sign in. I can't get the task manager to appear. When my computer boots up it doesn't have that screen where it says to press F8 to go into safe mode.

Edited by DaneClark, 04 June 2017 - 08:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

Specific model?  Your documentation (bill, shipping document, user guide) should provide such.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

Try booting into Safe Mode.

Start the computer and immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue till the Advanced Boot Options opens.  See the image below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png              

Use the up or down key to navigate to Safe Mode, select this by pressing Enter.

Let us know if Windows operates properly there.  The is a native graphics driver used which will give an appearance similar to images in your Sunday funnies in the paper, this is normal for Safe Mode.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users