Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone experienced with php forum software?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 aj777

aj777

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but you guys have been so knowledgeable I thought I would take a stab at it.

I'm trying to convert my phpBB forum to Xenforo. There's an importer built into the Xenforo software, but I can't configure it correctly. The problem is coming from not being able to find the correct pathway to my avatars and attachments.

The Xenforo community basically tells everyone the same thing, but I don't understand the instructions. This is the standard advice they've given to everyone else with the exact same problem:

Navigate to /admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search for DOCUMENT_ROOT to get the absolute path of your XenForo installation.

From there you can determine the absolute path for your other installation.

If XenForo is installed in the root and the software to be imported is in /archive for example, the relative path would be: archive/, the absolute path would be: /home/sitename/public_html/archive/.

The table prefix you should be able to get from the phpBB config file.

I don't even begin to understand what they're referring to. Navigate where with what? I'm so confused, any help would be appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2017 - 08:59 AM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Website Development - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users