Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UBER Hack for financial gain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Story about the Uber service, of which has more organized lobbyists than Wal-Mart.

http://wfla.com/2017/06/02/better-call-behnken-uber-charges-man-thousands-for-trips-he-never-took/

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

LOL. Looks like a really big scam. Must be a minor bug mistake which ultimately turned out big. 

#3 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

When our transportation was broken, we rode Uber all the time.  GREAT service, but room for improvement.  The interface for the User is potato-level retarded.  I hate it so bad I did some research on Uber to see how much money they were making, in case they were too poor to hire a good software engineer and that's when I found out they grossed almost 100 BILLION DOLLARS last year.

https://youtu.be/jTmXHvGZiSY

Most of the vehicles, and most of the Drivers are exemplary, however.

The one time I complained about a Driver was because it was obvious that he had been smoking weed in the car just prior to picking me up.  Smelled like weed, rastafarian dreads and the jamaican flag on the bumper sticker.  He drove just fine, but still.

WORST COMPLAINT

WHY, oh WHY or WHY do these drivers from (some other continent) ALL have those nasty Glade Air-fresheners fastened to their vents of their Air Conditioning.  It's like a mobile execution van, like what they have in China.  It's Chemical Warfare, which is a violation of the Geneva Convention.  Someone needs to tell these people that fumigating their cars with Zyclon B does not make it "clean" or "fresh" it makes it into a ROACH MOTEL ON WHEELS.  Sometimes it takes my sinuses an entire day to recover from these chemical attacks.  I can't imagine how George Bush missed these chemical munitions.  Someone needs to contact the CIA and tell them they've missed all these foreigners who have infiltrated our country and are executing chemical weapons attacks on unsuspecting American citizens.

Other than that, I really like Uber.  FYI if you are thinking about driving for Uber and you are a cigarette smoker, don't even bother.  Your customers will run you out of business in the 1st week.  One guy told me that he has to use a dedicated "non-smoking car" because of the complaints he got from customers, even though he said he only smoked in his car when he was off-duty.  We don't care.  You stink.  Literally.  YOU STINK.  I'd prefer it if you wore diapers and did your business there.  It smells better than cigarettes.  Seriously.   You folks need to get the hint.  YOU.  STINK.  That "wrinkle-face" you always see on elevators and other enclosed spaces. That's because YOU.  STINK.  In case you were wondering.  So my point is, we don't care if the stinky driver only does his stinky activity outside the car.  When the stinky Uber driver comes inside the car, the car stinks because the driver stinks.  I shouldn't have to pay money to someone who stinks, when I could have a non-stinky Uber driver instead.

#4 synergy513

synergy513
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

i haven't used the service, but i am curious about how they muscle past the taxi cab industry at the local government level with lobbyists.

also. this one story is peculiar about how the smartphone got hacked, i mean that is the tool of the trick of the trade, the smartphone. isn't it?

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#5 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

To me it looks like someone ran a tab up knowing someone by name.  Maybe the man did not know but he was suppose to pay for all the trips <the other guy did>  You know... <the other guy>  They do this style in secret with other services unrelated to UBER.  That is why the (TAXI cab) service was so expensive because they combined the tab on the service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users