Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pixel Flickering, computer crashing. PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ben_101

Ben_101

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

I have come to this website because I am unhappy about another site, I really hope to find some answers to the problems I've been having for so long.

I am on my last limb with this computer... I cannot catch a break with this thing. I have had this "gaming" computer for a little over half a year now and it has ALWAYS had problems that relate to graphics. I spent $1700 on this computer and build it myself. I can assure anyone that I have tried EVERYTHING with this PC and I have put up multiple posts on Tom's Hardware over the months asking how do I fix any certain issue that was arising. First we tried the power supply as it seemed like a wattage problem so I replaced it with a bigger and better one, didn't work. A few months go by I try to solve this again, tested ram, did stress tests on graphics card and I even tested a different graphics card in my PC and got NO problems. So then we narrowed it down to the GPU, so I had mine sent away to be replaced as we thought it might be faulty. The shop didn't have any of the same in stock and so I got a more recent model of the card (not even the same card). Put it in, runs perfect for like certain periods of time before the screen has a stroke and starts flickering, goes into a sound loop and then I have no choice but to force shut down my computer because I literally can't do anything else... I was running just off an updated windows 8 OS so I bought a completely new Windows 10, deleted everything refreshed everything and installed the latest windows with updates, latest drivers, etc. Got Planet Coaster installed, played beautifully for ages. But today that pixel glitch stuff is back and I wasn't even in a game.That's another thing I should mention that it also does this just outside of games like web browsing or YouTube. I NEED A MIRACLE! Words cannot express how unlucky I am and how angry I am at this! 

Specs: 
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
GPU: XFX RX580 GTS XXX 8GB
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 S 650w
RAM: 16GBs
MOBO: MSI Bazooka B150M
HDD(1TB) and SSD (120GB)

Tested temps, they are perfectly fine. Ram was tested and is fine. have tried rolling back drivers, updating drivers, anything to do with drivers... nothing worked. I should also mention I used to keep getting "Wattman" notifications saying that it has stopped working and has recovered when these crashes happen until I turned it off hoping it was just that stupid thing doing it, obviously not.
I apologize for this being maybe TOO long but I really am at the end for this... this has destroyed my passion in computers over the months and all I want right now is for my $1700 computer to actually do what it was supposed to do. 
Thank you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

If it is not the PSU, the GPU is always a possibility; Complicating the matter, the GPU might seem faulty if it is not being supplied enough current/voltage from MB thru PCI-e slot under load, as the spec requires the slot to supply up to 75 watts if I recall correctly...; one GPU design was drawing excessive current under load and bricking mainboards a year or two ago.

Edited by MDD1963, 06 June 2017 - 05:04 PM.

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#3 Ben_101

Ben_101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:24 AM

If it is not the PSU, the GPU is always a possibility; Complicating the matter, the GPU might seem faulty if it is not binge supplied enough current/voltage from MB thru PCI-e slot under load, as the spec requires the slot to supply up to 75 watts if I recall correctly...; one GPU design was drawing excessive current under load and bricking mainboards a year or two ago.

Thank you for the reply! As for what you said, I probably should've mentioned that I only just replaced the GPU a couple of weeks ago from an MSI Rx 480 to an XFX Rx 580 because we had a different issue where the MSI was drawing in a lot more power then it should've been and now I have the new card, it turns out that fixes the overdraw problem but now I'm faced with yet another problem, this one.

So the GPU is literally 2 weeks old.

#4 Ben_101

Ben_101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:30 AM

This is the video I filmed of it happening and its the only thing I could get it because usually it does the flicker once then black screens but as an example, I filmed this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users