Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet after malware removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#91 chaithep3

chaithep3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

Thank you, all of the users who have been following this post, for the help. I have finally created the thread under virus/malware... and I will provide the link here if anyone is still interested in my current situation.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/649212/infected-laptop-system-of-zeroaccess-rootkit/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#92 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for sharing. Just to make it clear — you may or may not be infected with ZeroAccess right now, if you deleted the items that Malwarebytes detected. But still, it's necessary for an expert to double-check. :)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#93 chaithep3

chaithep3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for sharing. Just to make it clear — you may or may not be infected with ZeroAccess right now, if you deleted the items that Malwarebytes detected.

I thought Malwarebytes had deleted those files since this was the whole reason that my laptop has been acting up.

#94 chaithep3

chaithep3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

Currently being aided by another user in another thread I had made; he stated that it is in fact not a ZeroAccess rootkit.

#95 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

You were definitely infected with a ZeroAccess infection before; however, you removed the malicious files related to it with Malwarebytes. After that you couldn't connect to the internet. I suspect that ZeroAccess took revenge (even though it's not active on your system anymore) and messed up your internet.

It is not a surprise that RogueKiller didn't detect anything as probably the infection was completely removed via Malwarebytes.

Since you are now being officially assisted by a trained expert of the Malware Response Team, I will request for this topic to be closed. :)

Best regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#96 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

I wildly assume it is a DNS redirector issue.  If it works in safe mode and not normal then there is a DNS redirector somewhere.  Boot to normal and try to ping out.

ping yahoo.com

(yahoo is always a good one)

Try a different browser.
You can try to hard code DNS to like google's DNS or a free DNS service.

May have to reinstall to get rid of that DNS redirection.

#97 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

Open malware topic at https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/649212/infected-laptop-system-of-zeroaccess-rootkit/ .

To prevent/avoid further confusion, this topic is now closed.  Please pursue the topic linked above.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users