Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Threats found by Malware Hunter Pro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jaqen

Jaqen

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

Hello.

I changed Avast AV to Malware Hunter Pro cuz of promotion 1 year free, idk which's better but Avast slowed internet, anyway, full scan, detected many threats, please help me to know it's false positive or real viruses..

Secondly if u can, please post your rewievs of Malware Hunter Pro,is it good/safe and do i can have it alone as av soft.

Please let me know if there is a better free/promotion software or combination firewall + av..

I can post more logs for other software.

Thank's!

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 03 June 2017 - 04:15 PM.
Moved from MRL to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

As a cross-check, you might download and run the free version of Malwarebytes...

https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/

You can also check individual files (as well as URL's) on VirusTotal...

https://www.virustotal.com/

Some resources you can use to research various AV products...

AV-Comparatives -

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

AV-TEST -

https://www.av-test.org/en/compare-manufacturer-results/?avtest[type]=3

Virus Bulletin VB100 -

https://www.virusbulletin.com/testing/dates/vb100-antimalware

Edited by jwoods301, 03 June 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:08 AM

Most of the log detections appear to be related to entries from your Opera and Chrome browser (extensions, plugins, temp files, etc). Such detections are typical when using anti-malware scanners and they do not pose the same type of threat as virus, Trojans and worms.

In simplistic terms, Anti-virus programs use massive databases with different scanning engines and detection methods to scan for infectious malware which includes viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkis and bots.
Anti-malware programs use smaller databases and generally tend to focus more on adware, spyware, unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and potentially unsafe applications.
Anti-virus and Anti-malware solutions with anti-exploitation features protect against zero-day malware, drive-by downloads, exploits, exploit kits and ransomware.Therefore, you need both an anti-virus and an effective anti-malware solution with real-time protection for maximum protection.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:25 AM

The Malware Hunter Pro review I glanced at on Youtube sure looked pretty eerily similar to Qihoo's 360TS...maybe just in styling, of course, unsure of what all is 'under the hood'....

(So much so, that it makes me wonder if it was simply 360TS or a close variant magically licensed/rebranded....)

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

I typically do not give much credence to YouTube videos unless they are created by a trusted source.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 Harry121

Harry121

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

PC Hunter 64 is very very like ransomware. It hooks its self into your games and files and before you know it you cant do anything for the "PC Hunter 64 has blocked" and no matter what you do you cant get rid of it and if you ask the people who make it they tell you its your AV and security software or you need an update. So many threads online about this program and still its recommended here......

I would get and use MWB Malwarebytes and or Zemana AntiLogger. I have used both for a while now and Zemana AntiLogger in particular is amazing, however like MWB its trial and only on demand if you dont pay.

I have a bunch of legit trial keys 200 day or so that they gave me to pass around and have done but they seem to be multi user as have given few away and the they still work. They not making a whole lot and been going for a while, I think its as so many programme out their and they not so well known like Norton and the rest.

Anyway gl :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users