Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File explorer right mouse button = crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mandark

Mandark

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

When I open the file explorer, there's a list of folders inthe left side such as:
-This PC

-Drive D:
-Desktop
-Documents
etc. etc.

If I click the right mouse button on any of them, file explorer shuts down.

However if I click right mouse button on the same folders but not on the list in the left side, it doesn't shut down.

Is there any way to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

Greetings,

Please try this:

:step1: ShellExView by NirSoft (thanks to usasma!!!)

• Download and save ShellExView from here.
• Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file, click Extract all, taking note of where the files will be extracted, and then hit Extract.
• Open up the extracted folder, right-click on shexview.exe and select Run as administrator. Please accept any User Account Control prompts.
• Look at the menu above, click Options and check (click) Hide All Microsoft Extensions.
• Please disable all NON-Microsoft extensions. :exclame: DO NOT DISABLE ANY MICROSOFT EXTENSIONS!!!
• Restart your computer and check the results. If the issue is gone, start enabling a few until you can find the culprit.

Good luck! :)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users