Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowDK

ShadowDK

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

As the title states i keep receiving a few errors when i try to launch a few applications. It doesn't affect all applications just certain ones. Ive ran multiple scans with malwarebytes, adw, and, kasperskey with no success in finding the issue. Ive tried registry repairs but i dont know if that did anything. Im lost as to what to do and i dont want to wipe my drive if i dont need to. Images of the errors ive received are in attatchments. All of my drivers should be up to date as well.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

I would personally NEVER run a registry repair!!!!! Have you performed a sfc /scannow? What was the results?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 ShadowDK

ShadowDK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

ive only ran scans with tools ive picked up from this site. I think i have ran it but i cant remember the results. ill have to perform another

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,598 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

It's worth a shot.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 ShadowDK

ShadowDK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

Thanks man ill try running it tonight(assuming it takes a while for it to complete) and ill post results tomorrow.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,743 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Thanks man ill try running it tonight(assuming it takes a while for it to complete) and ill post results tomorrow.

Usually takes about 4 or 5 minutes.

Good luck!!!!

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 ShadowDK

ShadowDK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

after running sfc /scannow i encountered this. No clue what to do or what it means.

Attached Files

• Attached File  sfc.jpg   20.71KB   0 downloads

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,598 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

Rocky,

"Usually takes about 4 or 5 minutes" if nothing (or nothing significant) is wrong.

Either of these commands can take longer, significantly longer, to run if there's something substantial to fix.   I put this out there only so the entire range of possibilities is mentioned.  I have had an SFC, for instance, take a very long time when it had to repair a lot of issues.  Also so the original poster doesn't panic if SFC were to run for anywhere between 30 minutes to several hours (which is unusual, but does happen on occasion).

DISM has been more like 15 to 20 minutes on average for me when there's nothing it really has to do or it has very little to do.  SFC has done the heavy lifting.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#9 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,743 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

after running sfc /scannow i encountered this. No clue what to do or what it means.

That's not good. I hope that somebody here can help you out with that.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

JohnC_21 has provided the best information for resolving this issue.  I would suggest following his suggestions.

I too have run into scans which take a much longer period of time to complete.  4 to 5 minutes is quicker that I've experienced running this scan on my own computer which had no problems.  There are other variables which can result in the scan taking longer than what someone else may have experienced.

If you watch the scan at the end of the scan you will see one of two messages.  The one you hope to see will be no integrity violations were found.  If this is the case there is nothing wrong with your system files.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,598 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

As I said in the document I provided, if SFC encounters a problem it cannot fix, the next step is to run DISM with the switches noted then, after it completes, run SFC again.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

I had assumed that still was your suggestion.  There isn't anything there which I would disagree with.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users