Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected labtop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SquiffyWideHole

SquiffyWideHole

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

I downloaded a virus 2 days ago on my hp labtop I tried removing it but it keeps resetting my labtop when I login I can only access safe mode at this point.

Mod edit - additional info from duplicated topic, duplicate deleted

I downloaded a virus a few days ago by accident I tried running malwarebytes it's saying it removed most of them but I can't login regularly I have to use safe mode because my computer keeps restarting if I login I've also tried running a root kit detector but it won't open in safe mode so I'm not sure what to do next I have a windows 10 hp 15 notebook labtop if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 02 June 2017 - 04:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moritz30

Moritz30

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

Please try running MalwareBytes Anti Malware using the instructions at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/85715-faq-malwarebytes-wont-run-or-failed-to-resolve-my-issues/#comment-520172 and reply to this topic once it is done scanning and tell us if it found something or not ;)

White Hat, Security Researcher, Modder, CEO at and founder of @DragonTeamMC, @OmniDragonBot and CryptID. Real name is Matthias Merkel.

#3 SquiffyWideHole

SquiffyWideHole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:19 PM

I did that it found some stuff it even found about some rootkits but malwarebytes crashes right at the end of the scan before it can finish so I can delete them I ran tdsskiller it found some stuff I'm waiting not to see if it worked or not

#4 Moritz30

Moritz30

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:50 AM

I did that it found some stuff it even found about some rootkits but malwarebytes crashes right at the end of the scan before it can finish so I can delete them I ran tdsskiller it found some stuff I'm waiting not to see if it worked or not

Okay. Please complete the following steps then:
1. Download Malwarebytes Chameleon at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/chameleon and run it like described in the help file in the archive you will download. Don't be scared about your taskbar and such disappearing. This is intended.
2. Download Malwarebytes Anti Rootkit at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbar and run it. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING IT FINDS. ASK US FIRST. IT OFTEN FINDS STUFF THAT IS NEEDED BY WINDOWS OR OTHER SOFTWARE.
White Hat, Security Researcher, Modder, CEO at and founder of @DragonTeamMC, @OmniDragonBot and CryptID. Real name is Matthias Merkel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users