Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

quick question on those lens cleaning cd's for disk drives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cpunoob

cpunoob

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

does it work "better" if u run the disk at higher speed?

like 2x or 4, 8??? 8)

i know u are just suppose to pop it in and let it run like normal

but does it change the way it works? 4 the worse???

trying to see if i can get my dvd burner working again by letting this thing run long

ran it at 2x

now im gonna run it a t .03x 8)

Edited by cpunoob, 02 June 2017 - 02:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

The ones of these that I have seen use a couuple of small brushes to wipe the laser LED lens. Since normally the lens does not come into contact with the surface of a disc this wiping is unusual activity. I would not try to use one at higher than normal disc speeds, you risk knocking the lasers out of alignment.

In any case there are other reasons for  DVD players to fail. The LED lasers themselves can fail in which case the drive is stone dead. If I had doubts about a DVD drive I would just replace it - they are not particularly expensive.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users