Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my system compatible with windows 10?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xTeChN0

xTeChN0

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hello!

When windows 10 first came out and there was an update that pushed you to upgrade to windows 10 the compatibility checker told me that my system is compatible with windows 10. One day I installed clean windows 10 copy and I had weird problems with chrome not working properly and some apps not launching. The problem was addressed and basically ruled as hardware problem in this topic that I started: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610672/chrome-and-windows-update-crashing-or-not-working-in-windows-10/

It has been awhile and I am looking to try windows 10 again and was wondering if anyone can confirm or help to do that if my system is actually compatible with windows 10. I know one thing that my MB does not have much of windows 10 drivers, but it has some windows 8.1 drivers I have read that they should work on windows 10. Or maybe someone has windows 10 installed with the similar hardware (especially motherboard). Because I have read somewhere that windows 10 works on systems with same processor and MB. And of course there have been some major updates in windows 10 and maybe in some hardware drivers. I have also change my HDD and graphics card after I tried windows 10.

My specs:

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
  • Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
  • 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
  • MSI Z77A-G43 (MS-7758) (SOCKET 0)
  • 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (MSI)
  • 931GB Seagate ST1000DX002-2DV162 ATA Device (SATA)
  • 111GB KINGSTON SHFS37A120G ATA Device (SSD)
  • TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB ATA Device
  • High Definition Audio Device

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

I see nothing in your stats that suggests that Windows 10 should run anything other than beautifully on your system.

Before you upgrade again, make sure to take a full system image backup of your system as it is so that you can restore back with ease if something should go wrong with the Windows 10 installation or you're not happy with the result after trying it out for a while.   Also, of course, have a full separate backup of all of your user data files so you can copy those back over.  Also collect any software you'll need/want to reinstall that's not downloadable.   I find Belarc Advisor a very handy tool to take inventory of what I've actually got on my machine, extract the license keys for same, and to have as a checklist as far as what I may (or may not) want to install on a Windows 10 system after I have it freshly installed.

I would also go to the support pages for all of your various devices to see if dedicated Windows 10 drivers are available direct from the manufacturer.  For all that are I would collect those as well so that I have these ready for installation, too.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 xTeChN0

xTeChN0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

Ok, thank you. Actually installed windows 10 again and for now (in 4 days) have not seen same problems I had before. So maybe it was software related after all and was fixed with updates.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:39 AM

You're quite welcome. The outcome is precisely as I expected and I'm glad things are running smoothly for you with this installation.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users