Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What does- Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION mean?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Hi, when surfing around, this message often comes up about half the time, it never used to happen, any idea what it means and if there's a remedy? I'm Win 8.1 and AOL, thanks-

"We encountered an error handling the most recent page action. Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION"

(PS- I've run AVG scans several times but "No threats were found")

Edited by MickinPlymouthUK, 01 June 2017 - 11:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:52 PM

Update- I just found this below at the Java website, it seems they're "still working" on the issue.

It's been malfunctioning for about 3 weeks now, so I wonder if/when they'll ever fix it..

On Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems, while attempting to install Java or running Java applets or applications, error message is displayed-

Error : Exception_Access_Violation

CAUSE

We are still investigating root cause of this issue.

SOLUTION

This issue could be seen due to User Account Control (UAC) feature enabled on Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system.

UAC is enabled by default in Windows Vista and Windows 7, as a result, you might encounter some compatibility problems with different applications that have not yet been updated for the Windows UAC component

Temporarily disabling UAC may resolve the exception access issue, however, turning off UAC reduces the security of your system. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

https://java.com/en/download/help/exception_access.xml

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:31 AM

Funny thing is, I never get the error message when surfing with Internet Explorer, it only happens when I surf with AOL.

Seeing as the Java people admit it's broken, shall I uninstall Java and replace it with something else? Recommendations?

What the heck does Java do anyway?

#4 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:01 PM

Wow this thread has been up for 2 weeks now and still hasn't had a single reply (sniffle).

In all my years of asking questions at Bleeping, that's only ever happened once before!

Have I posted it in the wrong section or something?

If so, perhaps the mods can move it to another section?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users