Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Right click -> Send to -> Mail recipient not working. Thunderbird 52.1.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

So I have this problem that has me fuzzled. Right click -> Send to -> Mail recipient will not work with Thunderbird, on only one of my Win7 x64 machines. The resize menu comes up, but then nothing happens after I click OK. It's like either Explorer isn't sending the command or Thunderbird isn't listening.

I have tried

• uninstalling - reinstalling
  • changing default to Outlook (where it works) then swapping back
  • sfc check for corruption
  • setting and resetting default programs

I am unhappy with the idea of using system restore to get this setting back, many things have happened and I don't really want all those reversions, though if needs must.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am unable to find the registry key that controls the target for the command, if anyone knows that it may also be helpful.

Thanks

Edited by TsVk!, 01 June 2017 - 08:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

Still experiencing this issue, I've not found a resolution yet.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,706 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

In the run box.....type::       ‘shell:sendto’       and press Enter.

To add, just drag and drop the location icon or copy and paste the shortcut of the destination you want.(thunderbird)

SO......set a new shortcut there for thunderbird. I seem to remember pressing the alt key and dragging the thunderbird icon there (no windows any more and the memory is a bit rusty)

Worth a try

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

#4 marcinhamburg

marcinhamburg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:20 AM

In the run box.....type::       ‘shell:sendto’       and press Enter.

To add, just drag and drop the location icon or copy and paste the shortcut of the destination you want.(thunderbird)

SO......set a new shortcut there for thunderbird. I seem to remember pressing the alt key and dragging the thunderbird icon there (no windows any more and the memory is a bit rusty)

Worth a try

but what if I want to choose more files? it adds to thunderbird only the last one from the list of files, I've chosen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users