Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Right click -> Send to -> Mail recipient not working. Thunderbird 52.1.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

So I have this problem that has me fuzzled. Right click -> Send to -> Mail recipient will not work with Thunderbird, on only one of my Win7 x64 machines. The resize menu comes up, but then nothing happens after I click OK. It's like either Explorer isn't sending the command or Thunderbird isn't listening.

I have tried

• uninstalling - reinstalling
  • changing default to Outlook (where it works) then swapping back
  • sfc check for corruption
  • setting and resetting default programs

I am unhappy with the idea of using system restore to get this setting back, many things have happened and I don't really want all those reversions, though if needs must.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am unable to find the registry key that controls the target for the command, if anyone knows that it may also be helpful.

Thanks

Edited by TsVk!, 01 June 2017 - 08:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

Still experiencing this issue, I've not found a resolution yet.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

In the run box.....type::       ‘shell:sendto’       and press Enter.

To add, just drag and drop the location icon or copy and paste the shortcut of the destination you want.(thunderbird)

SO......set a new shortcut there for thunderbird. I seem to remember pressing the alt key and dragging the thunderbird icon there (no windows any more and the memory is a bit rusty)

Worth a try

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#4 marcinhamburg

marcinhamburg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:20 AM

In the run box.....type::       ‘shell:sendto’       and press Enter.

To add, just drag and drop the location icon or copy and paste the shortcut of the destination you want.(thunderbird)

SO......set a new shortcut there for thunderbird. I seem to remember pressing the alt key and dragging the thunderbird icon there (no windows any more and the memory is a bit rusty)

Worth a try

but what if I want to choose more files? it adds to thunderbird only the last one from the list of files, I've chosen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users