Struggling with the template posting instructions as I can't actually get into the laptop (auto repair loop or BSOD) for the memory dumps. If there is a way around this please let me know.
- Laptop BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER on boot
- Can't use up and down arrow keys in BIOS (other keys work, seemingly no way round it with other keys). Up and down works in other menus.
- Wireless card not working (original problem)
- Put Win10 on USB stick, wanted to boot off it but can't because of BIOS issue
- System Restore - didn't work same loop when I went back before last windows update
- Safe mode - still get BSOD
- HP Recovery Manager and Recovery Partition - Won't let me back up files (pictures, vids) says not enough space. Would like them kept.
Looking at family friend's PC as Wireless card not working. Used Driver Talent and installed updated drivers (some RealTek wireless ones, not sure if related or not but seemed worth ago). No effect on PC. Turned off and on again later on, BSOD. Tried above attempted fixes but no joy, bit stumped as to what to do.
Found this thread - Kaspersky is on laptop but I can't get on to remove so suspect it might be a red herring knowing the driver issue (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/639358/bsod-today/?hl=%2Bbad+%2Bpool+%2Bheader#entry4177130)