Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC or PS4

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tottem

Tottem

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Hey everyone!

So, Tekken 7 is coming out tomorrow, but I dont know which one should I buy. The PS4 version or the PC?

My computer:
Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series CL10 (HX316C10FB/8)
ASUS H81M-K Motherboard
ASUS GeForce STRIX-GTX950-DC2OC-2GD5-GAMING 2GB

What do you think of this setup? Is my computer stronger than a PS4? Personally, I wouldn't like to play PSN fees, just to play one game online.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DefaultGateway

DefaultGateway

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:27 AM

I found this: http://wccftech.com/tekken-7-pc-requirements-revealed/

Your PC can't run Tekken 7, buy the PS4 version (assuming you have a PS4).

#3 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:52 AM

I am aware of my computer's specs, but I wish to know whether my CPU would run on 60 FPS with higher settings or the PS4 would run it better? As I know, there's a limit in PS4, so it would optimize the game to itself. I mean, for example, the PS4 would set all the settings to MEDIUM to make the game able to be played with 60 FPS, while, I could play the game on my PC with 60 FOS but with HIGH settings

#4 DefaultGateway

DefaultGateway

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

The question you ask me, I don't know the answer.

But I still recommend you to buy the PS4 version, because a PS4 is really designed for gaming.

With a PC, you sometimes can get problems with Installing the game.

It is safer to buy a PS4 game than a PC game.

Kindly regards,

DefaultGateway

#5 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

I see this topic, and think about the linux OS vs windows analogy

go to any gamestop store or wal-mart and check the game titles, all you see is xbox and ps4 , with a little PC section in the back or to the side   windows is like that , so many applications, like 90%  ms ms ms ms windows platform, with a little linux action off to the side,,but,,, wherein the comparison lies,   the PC games have a heck of a more enthusiastic following, like the linux OS does...

but personally, i see a lot of infections from the steam and other network clients for the PC games, and see the PC game enthusiasts get their PCs infected with malware routinely,,,, whereas the PS4 and xbox, isn't exhibiting such infections, even when using network clients. Suffice it to say, windows PCs are infected routinely, linux rarely, another comparison

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

Based on your hardware the PS4 version will be better for you.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#7 skr1107

skr1107

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:01 AM

I vote for PS4 version.  Your VGA is not enough strong for play this game. 

#8 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all the answers that I received. I actually had my birthday not a long time ago, and I have been suprised with a Tekken 7 but with the PC version.

Here's my experience:
It runs on 59-60 fps, with almost max graphics, there're some cases when it's drops, but it doesn't really affect the gameplay, so basically it's pretty fine at the moment.

I want to say thank you for the help of you guys! :) Personally, I would've wanted to buy the PS4 version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users