Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

running vista on a emachines T52246. computer will not boot. the pu fans are

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Buckja4

Buckja4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

The cpu fans are running but windows will not start. No blue power. Light. On power. On button. No signal sent to moinoter. Pc shuts down without starting. Have to unplug power cord and wait a couple of min before I can turn power back on but only the fans run and the pc shutsdown without starting. Help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

This could be a dead CMOS battery. I had an eMachines laptop on my hands a while ago which wouldn't boot at all and that is all that was wrong with it. Normally when this little battery dies is that your date and time goes haywire and you may get error messages about web-site certificates being invalid (out of date), but on at least some eMachines they will not boot at all.

This is something of a good news/bad news situation. The good news is that CMOS batteries are cheap, if you pay more than £1 you are being ripped off. The next bit of good news is that the manual, at least for the model I was working, was excellent. The bad news is that this little battery was buried so far down in the laptop that it meant a complete teardown to get to the battery.

The battery you are looking for is almost certainly a CR 2032.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users