Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 on Toshiba Satelite C50 Laptop (boot loop maybe)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marron2

marron2

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:04 AM

Good day to all,

Toshiba Satelite C 50 Ao413 with win 8.1 and eset antivurus.The laptop s not used very much,as it is mainly for finace,from there that it is so important to me.

My IT knowledge is limited.:-((

Seems it is in a boot loop or something. When I switch it on,get first log in screen, then it give me a split second a warning that read as follow.

: your pc ran into a problem and need to restart,we are just collecting some error info and then we restart.

This happen so fast,one can hardly read this,then it restart. When it restart, it hangs on windows repair and then I blank screen.

I cannot find the back cd that I made,but do have a similar laptop that is up and running. Bought together. Our internet is extremely slow and I have a idea that somehow it was busy doing a update that it got corrupted. Just my thoughts.

I appreciate all help from you guys.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 01 June 2017 - 04:54 PM.
Moved from Win 8/8.1 to 'Crashes, BSODs and Hangs'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

Hello,

Ok,not to fiddle to much and make things worse.

I did the following.

Switch off by pressing power and shift

Switch on by power and press F12 regularly.

Now into boot menue.

Funny, the screen differ from what I see on the net others explain.

This screen is as follow.

from top to bottom.

HDD/SSD      MQ01ABD075(SI)

USB

ODD               TSST CUPP CDDVD

LAN

ENTER SETUP

HDD RECOVERY

I can scroll down on this and select.

This is as far as I get. When I power down now,and start up,back to normal with the problem explained early.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

Hi there,

Can you access the Recovery Environment Command Prompt? If so, can you plug in a USB drive and copy the contents of D:\Windows\Minidump (could actually be C:\Windows\Minidump) to the USB.

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

The only thing I can manage is to get to the screen that state as mentioned in the thread. where do I find the recovery command. Sorry to sound a nuisance but my skills is rather limited,specially on win 8 and above.

Thank you anyway for the help.it is really appreciated. As I am stuck with a big problem. What is funny, that this laptop is mainly used to do banking and stuff, no bg time surfing the web and all,further I have paid up eset installed. So my gues is windows corrupt due to the net not very good at home and I think a update was not properly downloaded, ok,just my opinion.

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-8-recovery-environment-command-prompt/

Once you have access to the Command Prompt, you'll need to locate the drive letter of the disk that Windows is installed on and your USB drive. To do so, enter the following command:

notepad

This will open Notepad. Click File, Save..., and click Computer on the left hand side of the windows that pops up. Take note of the drive letter that Windows is installed on and your USB drive, and enter the following:

copy V:\Windows\Minidump "Z:\"

Where V is the drive letter of the disk that Windows is installed on and Z the drive letter of your USB drive. On another computer, zip up the dump files and upload them directly at BleepingComputer in your next post.

While waiting, please run Seagate Seatools for DOS's Long Generic Test.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and help offered.

The problem is,I cannot get to the windows start screen.When I switch it on, it comes up with the Toshiba logo,and then the screen go black. If I start by pressing F8, it go directly to a screen say, maintanace repair start,and then black screen again.

Thnxs.

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

Sorry, I gave you the wrong link. Please create a Windows 8.1 installation disc: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

Boot from the disc and you'll be able to access the recovery environment command prompt. Then you can send me the minidumps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users