Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android Malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Girish_G

Girish_G

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:44 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me about 'Judy' Android Malware. How can I Prevent Judy Virus infection to my Android Mobile Phone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aaniya

aaniya

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:01 AM

Hi Girish_G,

Judy is an Android malware that could infect Android mobiles. Recently up to 36.5 million Android users were affected by Judy malware. 

It is spreading through the applications that have been available for download on the Google Play Store. Judy works by generating clicks on advertisements. This allows hackers to charge advertisers for the clicks, getting them plenty of money in return.

Thanks

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

There are numerous antivirus/antimalware/security suite programs for Android, most of them from the "major players in the PC market" who've done ports that are available for download from the Google Play store.

Some phones come already loaded with this sort of protection software.  If you are worried about Android malware then I would suggest you take a look at what's available to protect you on that platform and install the one you prefer just as you do on your PC.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#4 MrSippi

MrSippi

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

I put AVG on mine when I got it two months ago. I didn't know if I'll need it or not as I'm new to Mobile phones. Yeah yeah I was a hold out.  :bubbles:

Looking for Mrs Sippi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users