Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HID-compliant touch screen driver missing after reinstalling Windows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ruson

Ruson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:34 AM

Product Name:  ASUS Q302L

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 PRO (64-bit) / Windows 8.1 has same issue

When I purchased the laptop, four years ago, it had WIndows 8. Approximately 6 months ago I decided to completely reinstall windows on my laptop, and Touchscreen stopped working. I tried troubleshooting, it says everything is fine but the problem persists...

In device manager, HID-compliant touch screen is missing and therefore i cannot update the driver. Is there a way i can manually install the touchscreen diver? Asus support does not answer ...=(

The annoying thing is that it is not listed under Human interface devices in device manager, not even under hidden devices. What I need to do, I think, is to download the exact driver for my touchscreen and force install it. But I cannot find it anywhere. I also re-installed the drivers for my model from ASUS website. I also updated pretty much all drivers in device manager (although all were already up to date). I also reinstalled windows and tried 8.1. I'm starting to run out of options.

Thanks.

Edited by Ruson, 01 June 2017 - 12:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

Try this
https://www.howtogeek.com/258522/how-to-enable-or-disable-your-computers-touch-screen-in-windows-10/
http://www.driverscape.com/download/hid-compliant-touch-screen

Edited by zainmax, 01 June 2017 - 06:31 AM.

#3 Ruson

Ruson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

Did not expect spam here... for the fact the link is riddled with malware, and nasty cookies that would be difficult, for most users to remove.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:24 AM

Try HERE.

Louis

#5 Ruson

Ruson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

I have tried many times. Can you find there related HID touch screen driver? I can't...

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

The following *might* be helpful:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/touchscreen-stops-responding-since-windows-81/5abf45a9-f87c-4a54-b9b3-aaaef918b1e9 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users