Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor blacked out

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bo1965

Bo1965

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

Monitor went blank suddenly. Computer was still on and working fine. Then about three minutes later, the computer did an automatic restart. Monitor never came on. Actually, it looks like the monitor goes into sleep mode. Interesting, the monitor works in safe mode. I ran an mbar root check and about five separate viruses were detected. Three security hijacks and two Trojan viruses. I removed them and restarted the computer, but the monitor is still not working. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Bo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

What is your Operating System?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Bo1965

Bo1965
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

Microsoft Windows 10.

#4 Bo1965

Bo1965
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

Something to note, just before my monitor blacked out, a message popped up on the lower part of my screen that said my graphic card denied unauthorized access. This is what is making me think that this is due to a virus and hijacking and not about bad hardware. Especially since mbar found viruses and security hijacks in safe mode.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

That definitely sounds like a hardware/driver issue. have you previously scanned and removed something? That may also be a problem.Do you have another Monitor to connect , t see if it works and see scan logs.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Bo1965

Bo1965
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

I dont have another monitor. I don't want to buy to test it though. Some times when I turn on the computer it will do an automatic restart after about 2 or 3 minutes, but not all the time. I really don't think it's the monitor as much as I do believe it's the graphic card. Can a virus shut down a graphics card?

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

Not really unless a file was removed. I think you should repost in Win 10 first.

#8 Bo1965

Bo1965
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

I just realized that my TV can work as a monitor. I will try that and let you know the results.

#9 Bo1965

Bo1965
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

OK, I connected the TV to the computer and the TV screen said, "no RGB signal detected". Should I take this topic to the hardware forum or do you think this could be the result of a virus?

#10 Bo1965

Bo1965
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

Computer keeps resetting. Computer works fine in safe mode though (with or without networking). The monitor remains black unless in safemode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users