Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Issues!! - Very strange? :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jman64

Jman64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

Hi there everyone ,

I wasnt sure where to post this exactly but i figure id ask here. Ive got an MSI GT70 Dominator gaming laptop i bought brand new 3-4 years ago which has worked amazing for what i use it for and still does to this day until recently.  For some extremely strange reason , seemingly only when i " Multitask " while playing audio IE : Music compilation on YouTube using either  " External Speakers the laptops Internal Speakers or even Headphones " the audio will slowly fade out while getting " Crackly " even at max volume , go mono , then completely mutes.

After 10-15 minutes.. The audio slowly fades back in... " crackly " then goes mono and back to stereo and all is well  then does the same thing again 15 minutes later. I  usually watch long music compilation videos on youtube , and ive noticed if i just leave the browser open by itself ONLY streaming the video this wont happen. However , if i for example stream the music video AND launch World of Warcraft , or even BROWSE multiple windows the audio from both windows will come in perfectly fine for maybe 5 minutes before this happens , and it almost seems like i have to close whatever other windows are generating audio to get one clear audio signal.  It's hard to explain the isssue , It might be easier to post a recorded video of the issue rather then me try and explain it over " text ".  The actual performance of the computer is never effected when this happens , i can multitask just fine without the PC hanging etc..  Only the audio is effected. I didnt have this issue until shortly after upgrading to Windows 10 , however i have no idea if theres a relation.. :(  Im thinking maybe this is a hardware issue? .. 

If anyone has any ideas , id be super grateful!

Thanks!!

MSI GT70 Dominator -

Windows 10 -

Nvidia GTX870m -

Intel I7 4810MQ -

Soundblaster Live -

Edited by Jman64, 31 May 2017 - 05:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

Internet Explorer is getting kind of old, how does your audio work with other web browsers such as edge?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Jman64

Jman64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

Internet Explorer is getting kind of old, how does your audio work with other web browsers such as edge?

Sorry , i was a little tired and had a few drinks when i wrote that post last night  :lol:  , and i suppose i didnt really make it 100% clear. I use FireFox as a browser however the issue happens regardless if the audio is coming from a browser window , or a video game , or Itunes , windows media player.  It almost seems if i start to multitask the audio issue appears. When i allow the PC to idle a little more , it clears up.

Ive " Monitored " the temps on the computer just out of my own curiosity.. and they all seem fine according to what google has told me , basically no idea what to search for next as the culprit.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8110 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M, -1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 567 GB (313 GB Free); D: 347 GB (280 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., MS-1763

Edited by Jman64, 01 June 2017 - 06:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users