I recently got an NVME SSD (960 EVO M.2), unplugged my pc and inserted into pci-e 4. I then booted up the computer and the SSD was not visible. (Not the main issue as I understand these can be difficult to install). The problem was that my internet connection no longer works and when diagnosing the problem found was "ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
I then removed the new SSD and tried again... same problem.
I have tried many things to try and fix the issue including:
- Trying a different cable, internet socket, reseting router, trying different socket in router.
- Reinstalling TCP/IP setting via command prompt (admin)
- Disable NIC and enable
- Uninstalled ethernet drivers and reinstalled
- Installed most recent drivers
Can someone please help me! This is a work computer and i think my boss my kill me. I just can't get the thing to work. My computer specs are below:
- Windows 10 Home
- AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core processor
- 8GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
- Motherboard - ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 - Ethernet plugs direct into motherboard