Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Can I upgrade this?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FrostyYouTube

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I had bought a Xidax XM-6 NOT THE X-6. Since I currently have a GeForce GTX 765m GPU and an i-7 4800MQ CPU, I am looking at upgrading my GPU and CPU but I do not know if I can since it's a laptop. I know alot of laptops cannot be upgraded due to onboard GPU's but I have an onboard and a dedicated and my 765m is dedicated. I looked online at the new Xidax chassis which is the same one I have just with up-to-date parts in it and they carry it with a gtx 1050, but I was told it would not fit in my laptop. So I am not sure how Xidax sells it with a 1050 but some say I cant fit it. Are there any reccomendations or even truths about whether or not a laptop like mine is able to have some internals exchanged. Also I realized my fans (not sure what I have fan wise) are running like a jet engine because my CPU sits on 40C idle and easily reaches 70C when im doing stuff like rendering videos etc. I am a new YouTuber and i'd like to have a newer and more improved setup, so please, help me!

Edited by hamluis, 31 May 2017 - 04:51 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Buying/Upgrading - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users