Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with buying a new computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Skukks

Skukks

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

Hello i would like some help with what i should buy, a laptop or a desktop (i prefer desktop) and general specs for it

i have used my HP PROBOOK for some time now and i want something a bit better 

i am going to mostly use the computer for youtube and some games and it is the following games i want to buy/build my pc for, Leauge of legends, Dota 2, Diablo 3 and some others but most important, TES 5 Skyrim 

i want a good priced pc so i dont want to run Skyrim at ultra with like 100000 fps i am happy if it runs with just a few armor mods etc.

my probook can handle all the listed games at low graphics but it cant handle skyrim at all

so can you recommend what i should buy, im not very familiar with "computer things" but you know, graphic card, RAM and those things

when it comes to price i want it to be as cheap as it can be 

if it helps i will now list some of the things that i currently have

Intel core i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz processor 

intel HD Grapchis 520

4GB RAM

32 bit windows 7

and in the windows "rating" thing where it rates the perfomance of ram, graphics and more i get

Processor - 6.9

RAM - 7.0

Graphics - 4.5

Game Graphics - 6.1

Primary Harddrive - 7.9

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

This system will run LOL etc easily

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pvdbQV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pvdbQV/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($159.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($88.59 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($59.92 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8000 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($118.65 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 460 2GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone - PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.90 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.78 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit ($104.88 @ OutletPC)
Total: $687.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-31 15:17 EDT-0400

#3 NicoForce

NicoForce

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hello i would like some help with what i should buy, a laptop or a desktop (i prefer desktop) and general specs for it

i have used my HP PROBOOK for some time now and i want something a bit better 

If you are planning to move from place to place with your computer, you might prefer a laptop.

I usually prefer desktop if I'm going to play some games.

if it helps i will now list some of the things that i currently have

Intel core i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz processor 

intel HD Grapchis 520

4GB RAM

32 bit windows 7

Your laptop should be able to handle those games no problem if you were able to throw a GPU in there and another 4gb RAM; however, I don't think it's convenient.

when it comes to price i want it to be as cheap as it can be 

As prices go, the one suggested by Drillingmachine looks good, nonetheless, be sure to give a baseline budget so that we can give you a more accurate build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users